CBoxx provide a comprehensive range of software project lifecycle consultancy services to our clients. We like taking on projects from concept to completion and we are also called upon to assist with specific areas that require external specialist expertise. The cornerstone of our approach is a formal Agile Project Management methodology coupled with the application of many years of experience working in the UK Financial Services technology (FinTech) market vertical.
Talk to us …
If you are interested in talking further please Contact Us to book a Discovery Session to discuss and understand your project, concept or idea. After the session we will draw up a short report and proposal for next steps. This session and follow-up work is at no charge and there is no obligation to proceed any further.
If an engagement does proceed then we can work on a time & materials basis but our preferred option is to work on a success basis, keeping costs low (but fair) from the outset, with clearly defined phases and a bonus based only on achieving measureable, agreed goals. Certain ideas are risky; we understand that and are very happy to work with you on that basis. Further details can be provided during the Discovery Session.
Our packaged services …
- Idea Development to quickly transform your ideas into reality, drawing on our years of know-how in the UK FinTech market.
- Project Scoping to provide independent software engineering rigour, realism and planning from the outset.
- Project Inflight Review to provide decision makers with an independent, unbiased project health check and SOS service if necessary.
- Project Benchmarking to analyse and measure the project performance to determine whether your organisation is lagging or leading the industry and install a continuous improvement program.
Our skills and experience include …
Business Case Development
- Market research, including new technologies
- Feasibility studies, business drivers
- Vendor selection
- High level business requirements and architectural analysis
- Technical prototyping and demonstrations
- Estimating costs, benchmarking and analysing resource requirements
- Scheduling and program co-ordination (looking at the bigger picture)
- Regulatory and legal considerations
- Commercial model analysis and financial projections
- Risk benefit analysis
Related to the above, we have assisted with a number of “Request for Information/Proposal” (RFI/RFP) processes both directly and working on behalf of clients. We have experienced both success and failure with such processes and would be glad to share our experience.
- Business requirements gathering through workshops, research, questionnaires, detailed documentation
- Architectural framework design and development. Our core competence is the Microsoft technology stack
- Messaging standards (Origo XML/EDI and ISO20022 XML over Swift are our specialities) and their associated security requirements
- Development (security, user interface, integration services, business services, database, data migrations)
- System testing
- Defect resolution
- User acceptance testing processes (UAT)
By default CBoxx will apply our proven, formal Agile Project Management methodology. We are also happy to work within or alongside other project management frameworks as required:
- Project preparation and kickoff meeting
- Detailed scoping and estimating
- Project administration e.g. purchase orders, invoicing, tracking
- Resource management
- Backlog development, maintenance and monitoring
- Continuous daily progress tracking and progress reporting as frequently as required
- Daily team scrums, management and co-ordination
- Client communications, meetings, workshops as required
- Problem resolution
- Quality Assurance and defect management
- Change control
- Project delivery and handover